I've been published!!!
Saturday, October 31, 2009
1. You're the only one at a social gathering yelling, "Just one more photo, folks; I don't have enough for a two-page spread!
2. A regular sandwich is no longer acceptable--it must be cropped or cut with decorative edges.
3. You try to claim your album purchases as a medical expense because it's such good "therapy".
4. You buy a new pink swimsuit because it matches the pink photo mounting paper.
5. You decide to give your child piano lessons so you'll be able to use the musical instrument stickers that are in the Big Pack.
6. You redecorate your family room to coordinate with your photo album covers.
7. Your three year old wants to know if her coloring book is "archival quality".
8. Your three-year-old wants to know if her coloring book is "archival quality."
9. Scraps from your corner rounder cuttings can be found in unusual places: school lunch bags, briefcases, the laundry, the dog's water bowl.
10. Of course a scrapbook addict doesn't follow a 12 step program but a 12 x 12 step one.
Saturday, October 24, 2009
Friday, October 23, 2009
Thursday, October 22, 2009
What a better way to stock up for the holidays and get that special gift for a fellow stamper? Contact me today!!
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Monday, October 19, 2009
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Friday, October 16, 2009
If you would like to see it bigger, just click on the image :)
All supplies were from CTMH.
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Dew drops (Robin's Nest)
Stickles (Ranger Industries)
Copic and Bic Mark-it markers
Monday, October 12, 2009
Sunday, October 11, 2009
*Access to all sales and special saving offers
*Access to the Member's Only section of the website - including the message boards
*Free blog space for you to promote your business
*Access to project and workshop ideas, tutorials and downloads
*Weekly newsletters and updates on current and up-coming sales
*A great community in which to grow, learn and share!
Friday, October 9, 2009
Paper: Basic Grey Wisteria
Stamps: Flower Lili (Inky Impressions), Enjoy the Journey (CTMH)
Prima Flowers, , Copics, Bic Mark-its, Dimensional Pearls, and oyster baubles (Stampingbella)
1. Use a coffee filter as a mat, just make sure you change filters when you change colors in order not to mix.
2. When you open the pot, do it over the coffee filter and loosen up the flakes so that it's easier to work with.
3. Don't squeeze the flakes together or it will clump. I found that if I roll the flakes between my forefinger and thumb as I sprinkle over the glue (you will get a more even application).
5. Apply your darker colors first, this will had depth to your "image" by layering in shades.
Another great thing I've read but haven't tried yet is adding glitter to the flower soft. The glitter is a heavier "material" and will settle in between the flower soft flakes and will give that added sparkle that you are looking for.
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Need to spread liquid adhesive quickly over a large surface area?
Instead of dumping those phony plastic credit cards you receive in the mail, save them! You can simply use the wasted plastic cards as glue-spreaders! Use the plastic card to swipe and spread the liquid glue into a thin, even layer of glue over a big surface area. What's more? You can just wipe the card clean and reuse them again and again.
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Supplies (CTMH unless otherwise noted)
Black and Orange ribbon (Michaels/Joann's)
To minimize ink staining, first ink your stamp with a neutral color such as Bamboo, then ink in your intended color. The pre-stamping in Bamboo helps reduce permanent staining.
Remember that even though they are stained, this will not affect any future stamping, and stained stamps are just a sign of a well loved stamp :)
I am going to list the participants that has joined in so far and will be adding to it daily. .
Just click on a their link on the sidebar under the blogtoberfest list and check back daily as they will be adding stuff for you to learn.
Sunday, October 4, 2009
Boo Crew papers (BoBunny)
Saturday, October 3, 2009
Pretty Hat stamp set (The Greeting Farm)
Purple Sponged paper (Making Memories)
Stripped paper (Carolees Creations)
Purple & Green Cardstock (unknown)
Purple and Green Bic Mark-it markers
Skin tone and grey copics
Dimensional Paint-pearl (Ranger Industries)
Sweet Leaf organza ribbon (CTMH)